Tuesday 26 August 2014

Long time no see..

It's been a good couple of months since I've updated my blog! I've just been busy at work, busy doing things out of work..I guess it's a good thing, eh?! 
Been feeling pretty good chest wise which is lovely - the odd rubbish day where my lungs just don't fancy playing ball but on the whole everything is pretty grand. 

I really need to get back in to writing my blog, once a week or once every couple of weeks. 
I think the main things to say about, is that my health seems to be good at the moment, I'm always happy and smiling, I've managed to avoid IVs for a few months which is fab and the not so good news is that it's nearly the end of the summer holidays! Back to work it is next week..

I had a check up at the hospital today - lung function is a little down but nothing worth panicking over yet..on Monday the little lungs struggled quite a bit but it seems to have eased so hopefully I can make it till the end of September before I need IVs..that would be perfect! 
I've had a couple of days where I've had all day hypos; my blood sugars just wouldn't stay up. Mentioned it today but they said if its only a day here and there to just keep an eye on it and go to A&E if they drop too low.
A few weeks ago I asked for my iron levels to be checked as I've been feeling very faint a lot, looking pale, bit of out of it and my balance is completely sqiuffed - I'm constantly falling in to things and injuring myself! Dr Orchard had a look today and said that I was correct and they are low so I'm booked in for an iron transfusion next Monday..not the most fun way of spending my last day of holiday I must say! Iron infusions aren't pleasant..not very nice side effects so the nurses sit with you for a while and then check back a lot.

Big news I guess is that I've finally passed my driving test! First time too! Was very surprised and very happy with that so now I'm driving Marvin around.

That's all I've got to say really - everything seems to be good at the moment so fingers crossed this iron infusion does the trick and hopefully my lungs can hold out for another month before I need IVs!

Oh..and I promise to try and update my blog more regularly again!

No comments:

Post a Comment