Wednesday 10 April 2013

Quick update - MRI scan!

Just a quick update to let you all know what I've been up to! The doc said the MRI scan for my leg pain would come through in 6-8 weeks but strangely a few days after my appointment I had a phonecall from a hospital in Farnham saying that they could do it this week.  
Yesterday (tuesday) I went there and was a bit apprehensive as I knew it'd be quite small - I've had CT scans and they're fine as it's not too enclosed and there's space but when they started to push me in to the MRI tunnel I nearly had a bloody panic attack as it really is tiny!! There was about 3-4 inches between my nose and the top of the tunnel.  It didn't help that I had to have something placed over my head so that made it feel worse.  They put headphones on me as it is pretty loud, plus I could listen to Michael Buble although the machine was so noisey I couldn't really hear it. At first I kept swallowing as I was worried but then the guy said you can't do that as it makes the pictures blurry.  But I managed to go in for the 30-40minutes, trying to keep myself calm the whole way through as I was so claustrophobic! 
It's quite funny because people were saying that I'd had a lot worse done to me than just a scan but it felt so horrible because it was so small - it didn't hurt a bit.  At least if I'm having a bronchoscopy I'm sedated and all out of it so I don't have a clue what's happening! Anyway, that's all I have to say really, just a short update on that! I don't have an appointment until 30th April so that's good :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment